Sunbeam Rolls




Sunbeam Rolls                                                   Grandma Kirkman

Instructions:

Dissolve 2 pkg yeast in ¾ cup warm water to which 1 Tb of sugar has been added. Let stand to proof. Scald 1 c milk; add ½ c sugar and ½ c melted butter. Pour into a large mixing bowl. Add 3 eggs at slow speed; then add 2 cups flour and t tsp salt – continue to beat. Add yeast mixture and beat with mixer 4-5 minutes on medium speed. Add additional flour a little at a time until stiff enough to knead. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Shape into a roll, grease the dough and the bowl. Let rise until double; shape into cinnamon or dinner rolls, let rise again. Bake at 375* 15-20 minutes.

This is the recipe I’ve used all my life to make cinnamon rolls. I double it to make in my professional KitchenAid mixer to make 6 dozen rolls.It came from my Grandma Kirkman!

Comments